What Is The Austin Comedy Short Film Festival?
The Austin Comedy Short Film Festival screens short comedy films, funny music videos, web series episodes, comedy television pilots, as well as, mockumentary films. These films are created every year by independent filmmakers from around the world, looking to have their creative work screened at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Lakeline. #AustinComedyShortFilmFestival #FilmFestivalCircuit. Please join us for our next event on Sunday October 20, 2019. The Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Fall 2019.
Wanted! The Funniest Films And Screenplays
Do you have a comedy short film, music video, web series episode, sitcom, mockumentary, animated film, dark comedy film, sketch comedy or romantic comedy film that you're sending to festivals? Have you written a comedy screenplay with funny situations, engaging characters, clever concepts and great dialogue? You can submit to the Portland Comedy Film Festival via FilmFreeway, Withoutabox and Festhome.
Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Rated In The Top 100 On FilmFreeway By Filmmakers
We are fortunate to be rated in the Top 100 film festivals by filmmakers worldwide on FilmFreeway in October 2018! We have fun, we laugh and we appreciate funny films in Portland. It's all about the filmmakers and the screenings. The Austin Comedy Short Film Festival strongly believes in giving every filmmaker possible, an opportunity to share their creative work in a comedy environment. Thank you for your support.
"Dear Austin Comedy Short Film Festival,
Congratulations! Your festival has ranked as one of the Top 100 Best Reviewed Festivals on FilmFreeway for the month of October 2018! According to reviews from real FilmFreeway users, your festival ranks in the top 1.5% of more than 7,000 film festivals and creative contests around the world. No doubt, this ranking is a testament to the countless hours of hard work and care that you and your staff have devoted to creating such a wonderful event. We’re especially proud to be partnered with amazing events like yours that help independent film continue to thrive." - FilmFreeway
How Do We Select Comedy Films?
No secrets here. Our judges can't wait to watch your videos and read your stories. Please read our Comedy Film Festival Judging Guide if you'd like to understand our how we rate and select comedy films. We make the process as fair and objective as possible. No politics here, we're just looking for the funniest and most creative works that we can find, to entertain our audience.
Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Past Events
- Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Fall 2019
- Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Spring 2019
- Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Fall 2018
- Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Spring 2018
- Austin Comedy Short Film Festival 2015-2017
Films That Have Screened At Past Events
Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Official Selection Candy Universe Mania: Dark Comedy Web Series
My name is Mikel Fair and I have written this 30 page ebook to help filmmakers strengthen their submission when submitting to Film Festivals. This guide is based on my experience, starting in 2008 as a Film Festival Director that has watched, rated and reviewed more than 5000+ submissions of all genres from over 100 countries. There are several mistakes that filmmakers are making on a daily basis that I can help you avoid. I explain in detail, about how the packaging and editing of your submission can have a direct effect on how many festivals that your film is accepted to. Priced under $10 US, I have made this book affordable for everyone and will email you any new versions that we release until January 2021. Please read the first chapter for free!
- Chapter 1: Does Packaging Really Matter? - Free Chapter!
- Chapter 2: Are Your Contact Details Accurate? A Daily Common Mistake
- Chapter 3: Does The Name Of Your Film Stand Out? Or Will It Be Lost In The Shuffle?
- Chapter 4: Tips For Creating The Right Tagline And Synopsis
- Chapter 5: Do You Know That A Director’s Bio And Resume Are Two Different Things?
- Chapter 6: How To Write A Compelling Director’s Statement That Tells A Story.
- Chapter 7: The First Impression Of Your Film Is It’s Official Poster.
- Chapter 8: Without A Trailer, Your Film Might Become An Afterthought.
- Chapter 9: Why Do Film Festivals Love Submissions With A Social Media Presence?
- Chapter 10: Your Film’s Website, Is Its History And Point Of Contact
- Chapter 11: Final Cut Or Festival Cut? Don’t Submit The Wrong One.
- Chapter 12: Stretch Your Submissions Budget. Use Promo Codes. Get Discounts.