What Is The Houston Comedy Film Festival?
The Houston Comedy Film Festival is a theatrical screening event for independent comedy films that also recognizes excellent comedy screenplays. First of all, the Houston Comedy Film Festival was founded in 2009 by Mikel and Brooke Fair. Since then, this comedy specific film festival has held ten (10) events. Furthermore, we have screened over three hundred (300) international independent comedy films from 30 different countries. Hence, we are always looking for funny films that make people laugh out loud. Finally, good acting, original ideas, funny situations, clever concepts and excellent writing are the keys to being accepted. We have created a Comedy Film Festival Judging Guide, if you'd like to find out more about how we select films for our event. #HoustonComedyFilmFestival #FilmFestivalCircuit Would like to be a part of one of the longest running comedy film festivals in the United States? Are you're looking for more information about the Houston Comedy Film Festival Fall 2019 Event on Saturday October 19? (LINK)
Wanted! The Funniest Films And Screenplays
Do you have a comedy short film, music video, web series episode, sitcom, mockumentary, animated film, dark comedy film, sketch comedy or romantic comedy film that you're sending to festivals? Have you written a comedy screenplay with funny situations, engaging characters, clever concepts and great dialogue? Our judges can't wait to watch your videos and read your stories. Please read our Comedy Film Festival Judging Guide if you'd like to understand our how we rate and select comedy films. You can submit to the Houston Comedy Film Festival via FilmFreeway.
Filmmakers rated us in the Top 100!
We are fortunate, that the Houston Comedy Film Festival is rated in the Top 100 film festivals by filmmakers worldwide on FilmFreeway. We have fun, we laugh and we appreciate funny films in Houston. It's all about the filmmakers and the screenings. The Houston Comedy Film Festival strongly believes in giving every filmmaker possible, an opportunity to share their creative work in a comedy environment. Thank you for your support.
Houston Comedy Film Festival Past Events
- Houston Comedy Film Festival Fall 2019
- Houston Comedy Film Festival Spring 2019
- Houston Comedy Film Festival 2018
- Houston Comedy Film Festival 2009-2017
My name is Mikel Fair and I have written this 30 page ebook to help filmmakers strengthen their submission when submitting to Film Festivals. This guide is based on my experience, starting in 2008 as a Film Festival Director that has watched, rated and reviewed more than 5000+ submissions of all genres from over 100 countries. There are several mistakes that filmmakers are making on a daily basis that I can help you avoid. I explain in detail, about how the packaging and editing of your submission can have a direct effect on how many festivals that your film is accepted to. Priced under $10 US, I have made this book affordable for everyone and will email you any new versions that we release until January 2021. Please read the first chapter for free!
- Chapter 1: Does Packaging Really Matter? - Free Chapter!
- Chapter 2: Are Your Contact Details Accurate? A Daily Common Mistake
- Chapter 3: Does The Name Of Your Film Stand Out? Or Will It Be Lost In The Shuffle?
- Chapter 4: Tips For Creating The Right Tagline And Synopsis
- Chapter 5: Do You Know That A Director’s Bio And Resume Are Two Different Things?
- Chapter 6: How To Write A Compelling Director’s Statement That Tells A Story.
- Chapter 7: The First Impression Of Your Film Is It’s Official Poster.
- Chapter 8: Without A Trailer, Your Film Might Become An Afterthought.
- Chapter 9: Why Do Film Festivals Love Submissions With A Social Media Presence?
- Chapter 10: Your Film’s Website, Is Its History And Point Of Contact
- Chapter 11: Final Cut Or Festival Cut? Don’t Submit The Wrong One.
- Chapter 12: Stretch Your Submissions Budget. Use Promo Codes. Get Discounts.