What Is The Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival?
Oregon Scream Week is a Horror genre independent international film festival for Horror Films and Horror Comedy Films in Portland, Oregon. We had our first Oregon Scream Week Film Festival in February 2018 and it was a huge success. People travelled from China, Japan, South Korea, Canada and from all over the US to our screenings of 54 Horror Short Films. There is an appetite for films, especially in the Northwest, that make people scream, freak out and get their hearts racing. That is why we created Oregon Scream Week. Please check out the Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival Winter 2019 Event on December 6-7, 2019 to learn more about our upcoming event.
Wanted! The Best Films And Screenplays In The Horror Film Genre
Do you have a horror film, horror comedy film or experimental horror that you are submitting to festivals? Have you written a horror screenplay with scary situations, evil villains, creepy concepts and great characters? Our judges can't wait to watch your videos and read your stories. Please read our Horror Film Festival Judging Guide if you'd like to understand our how we rate and select horror films. You can submit to the Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival via FilmFreeway.
Testimonial: Director Blake Vaz (Right) Los Angeles, California
"Thank you so much for having us! Loved your passion for pushing up-and-coming filmmakers in your festivals. I know it’s a lot of work and dedication and It’s greatly appreciated to have spaces like this to showcase our work.There were a few that really caught my eye for different reasons. Some had great visuals, others great story, others were just fun! I really liked the diversity of shorts you have and I am glad I came to Portland for Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival."
Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival Past Events
- Oregon Scream Week Winter 2019
- Oregon Scream Week Summer 2019
- Oregon Scream Week Fall 2018
- Oregon Scream Week Winter 2018
- Horror Film Thursdays 2018
My name is Mikel Fair and I have written this 30 page ebook to help filmmakers strengthen their submission when submitting to Film Festivals. This guide is based on my experience, starting in 2008 as a Film Festival Director that has watched, rated and reviewed more than 5000+ submissions of all genres from over 100 countries. There are several mistakes that filmmakers are making on a daily basis that I can help you avoid. I explain in detail, about how the packaging and editing of your submission can have a direct effect on how many festivals that your film is accepted to. Priced under $10 US, I have made this book affordable for everyone and will email you any new versions that we release until January 2021. Please read the first chapter for free!
- Chapter 1: Does Packaging Really Matter? - Free Chapter!
- Chapter 2: Are Your Contact Details Accurate? A Daily Common Mistake
- Chapter 3: Does The Name Of Your Film Stand Out? Or Will It Be Lost In The Shuffle?
- Chapter 4: Tips For Creating The Right Tagline And Synopsis
- Chapter 5: Do You Know That A Director’s Bio And Resume Are Two Different Things?
- Chapter 6: How To Write A Compelling Director’s Statement That Tells A Story.
- Chapter 7: The First Impression Of Your Film Is It’s Official Poster.
- Chapter 8: Without A Trailer, Your Film Might Become An Afterthought.
- Chapter 9: Why Do Film Festivals Love Submissions With A Social Media Presence?
- Chapter 10: Your Film’s Website, Is Its History And Point Of Contact
- Chapter 11: Final Cut Or Festival Cut? Don’t Submit The Wrong One.
- Chapter 12: Stretch Your Submissions Budget. Use Promo Codes. Get Discounts.