Join us October 8-10, 2020 for our next event. The full schedule and tickets are listed on Eventbrite. The Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival is a bi-annual event on the Film Festival Circuit that screens international independent Horror Films, Horror Comedy, Dark Drama, experimental horror and Dark Science Fiction films at Sunshine Mill Winery And Drive-Up Theater in The Dalles. This event was founded by author and retired filmmaker Mikel Fair who worked on location in the Film and Television industry from 1999-2015. The northwest USA has a great horror genre fan base. Films that make people scream, are creepy and even those that poke fun at the Horror genre are loved by the audience. The film screenings are a lot of fun, in addition, this is a great opportunity to network with filmmakers, screenwriters, crew, actors and industry professionals.
Oregon Scream Week Award Winners And Finalists
Please connect with the Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival on social media:
Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival Review
"The Horror Film projects that you are screening are really stunning, it is amazing to see how the genre is alive in Portland. Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival is Absolutely A Top International Horror Film Festival!" - Jerzy Bojanowski, Director from Poland
Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival Submissions Are Now Open!
Do you have a film or screenplay that is in the Horror genre, a dark drama, science fiction film or even an experimental film? This event does not screen feature films, but we have a category for Horror Film trailers that the audience enjoys. Even if the trailer is a film that doesn't exist yet, this is a good place to get exposure and generate excitement. For screenwriters, have you written a horror screenplay with scary situations, evil villains, creepy concepts and great characters? Our judges can't wait to watch your videos and read your stories. Please read our Horror Film Category Judging Guide - Download .pdf or Read Online if you'd like to understand our how we rate and select horror films. You can submit to the Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival via FilmFreeway. Have more questions about the rules and regulations for Oregon Scream Week? Please visit the Film Festival Circuit FAQ Frequently Asked Questions LINK
"4EVR" Directed by Sergio Pinheiro. Winner of the Best Cinematography Award by DP Chris Saul.
It’s been a year and a half since our creepy little horror debuted at its first festival a packed house of genre fans at Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival Winter 2018. We are pleased to announce 4EVR just made its online debut at Bloody Disgusting’s World of Death. Thanks for your friendship, encouragement, kind words, support, Q&As, tchotchkes, cocktails and awards. It really means a lot to us, and we hope you and your loved ones are well. With much appreciation. - Sergio and Joe
Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival List Of Submissions Categories
- Horror Film Trailer (1-3 minutes)
- Horror Micro Film (1-6 minutes)
- Horror Film (6-30 minutes)
- Dark Drama Micro Film (1-6 minutes)
- Dark Drama Film (6-30 minutes)
- Experimental Horror Micro Film (1-6 minutes)
- Experimental Horror Film (6-30 minutes)
- Horror Comedy Micro Film (1-6 minutes)
- Horror Comedy Film (6-30 minutes)
- Screenplay: Dark Drama Short (1-40 pages)
- Screenplay: Dark Drama Feature Length (41-150 pages)
- Screenplay: Horror Short (1-40 pages)
- Screenplay: Horror Feature Length (40-150 pages)
- Screenplay: Dark Science Fiction Short (1-40 pages)
- Screenplay: Dark Science Fiction Feature Length (41-150 pages)
- Screenplay: Horror Comedy Short (1-40 pages)
- Screenplay: Horror Comedy Feature Length (41-150 pages)
Oregon Scream Week List Of Award Categories
20 Awards For Film
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Cinematography
- Best Drama Film
- Best Dark Drama Micro Film*
- Best Director
- Best Editing
- Best Ensemble Cast
- Best Experimental Horror Film
- Best Experimental Horror Micro Film*
- Best Horror Film
- Best Horror Micro Film*
- Best Horror Comedy Film
- Best Horror Comedy Micro Film*
- Best International Director
- Best International Micro Film*
- Best Oregon Film
- Best Oregon Micro Film*
- Most Original Concept
- Single Scariest Moment
*1-6 minutes in length
12 Awards For Screenplays
- Best Dark Drama Short Screenplay
- Best Dark Drama Feature Length Screenplay
- Best Dark Science Fiction Short Screenplay
- Best Dark Science Fiction Feature Length Screenplay
- Best Horror Short Screenplay
- Best Horror Feature Length Screenplay
- Best Horror Comedy Short Screenplay
- Best Horror Comedy Feature Length Screenplay
- Best International Short Screenplay
- Best International Feature Length Screenplay
- Best Oregon Short Screenplay
- Best Oregon Feature Screenplay
"Thank you so much for having us! Loved your passion for pushing up-and-coming filmmakers in your festivals. I know it’s a lot of work and dedication and It’s greatly appreciated to have spaces like this to showcase our work.There were a few that really caught my eye for different reasons. Some had great visuals, others great story, others were just fun! I really liked the diversity of shorts you have and I am glad I came to Portland for Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival." - Director Blake Vaz
Films That Have Screened at Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival
Asian She - Competitive Mourning, Directed by Kevin Beauchamp and Mando Lopez (California)
Woke Zombies Apocalypse: Killing Ibrahim
My name is Mikel Fair and I have written this 30 page ebook to help filmmakers strengthen their submission when submitting to Film Festivals. This guide is based on my experience, starting in 2008 as a Film Festival Director that has watched, rated and reviewed more than 5000+ submissions of all genres from over 100 countries. There are several mistakes that filmmakers are making on a daily basis that I can help you avoid. I explain in detail, about how the packaging and editing of your submission can have a direct effect on how many festivals that your film is accepted to. Priced under $10 US, I have made this book affordable for everyone and will email you any new versions that we release until January 2021. Please read the first chapter for free!
- Chapter 1: Does Packaging Really Matter? - Free Chapter!
- Chapter 2: Are Your Contact Details Accurate? A Daily Common Mistake
- Chapter 3: Does The Name Of Your Film Stand Out? Or Will It Be Lost In The Shuffle?
- Chapter 4: Tips For Creating The Right Tagline And Synopsis
- Chapter 5: Do You Know That A Director’s Bio And Resume Are Two Different Things?
- Chapter 6: How To Write A Compelling Director’s Statement That Tells A Story.
- Chapter 7: The First Impression Of Your Film Is It’s Official Poster.
- Chapter 8: Without A Trailer, Your Film Might Become An Afterthought.
- Chapter 9: Why Do Film Festivals Love Submissions With A Social Media Presence?
- Chapter 10: Your Film’s Website, Is Its History And Point Of Contact
- Chapter 11: Final Cut Or Festival Cut? Don’t Submit The Wrong One.
- Chapter 12: Stretch Your Submissions Budget. Use Promo Codes. Get Discounts.