What Is The Portland Comedy Film Festival?
The Portland Comedy Film Festival, ranked in the Top 100 on FilmFreeway, is a unique forum for international independent comedy filmmakers to showcase their comedy films in Portland, Oregon. The Portland Comedy Film Festival is always searching for funny and engaging films to entertain a comedy loving audience. Did you know that we screened 200 comedy films at our spring event in March 2018. We are back for our Fall 2019 event and screening another 150 films! If you're in town, please join us November 1-3, 2019. Please check out the Portland Comedy Film Festival Fall 2019 Event Page.
Wanted! The Funniest Films And Screenplays
Do you have a comedy short film, music video, web series episode, sitcom, mockumentary, animated film, dark comedy film, sketch comedy or romantic comedy film that you're sending to festivals? Have you written a comedy screenplay with funny situations, engaging characters, clever concepts and great dialogue? Our judges can't wait to watch your videos and read your stories. Please read our Comedy Film Festival Judging Guide if you'd like to understand our how we rate and select comedy films. You can submit to the Portland Comedy Film Festival via FilmFreeway.
Filmmakers rated us in the Top 100!
We are fortunate to be rated in the Top 100 film festivals by filmmakers worldwide on FilmFreeway. We have fun, we laugh and we appreciate funny films in Portland. It's all about the filmmakers and the screenings. The Portland Comedy Film Festival strongly believes in giving every filmmaker possible, an opportunity to share their creative work in a comedy environment. Thank you for your support.
Portland Comedy Film Festival Award Nominations
All submissions to the Portland Comedy Film Festival are eligible for the following awards:
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Animated Comedy Film
- Best Cinematography
- Best Comedy Film
- Best Comedy Micro Short Film
- Best Comedy Series Episode (Screenplay)
- Best Comedy Series Episode, Pilot or Sitcom (Video)
- Best Comedy Web Series Episode (Video)
- Best Dark Comedy Film
- Best Dark Comedy Micro Short Film
- Best Dark Comedy Screenplay Award
- Best Director
- Best Editing
- Best Ensemble Cast
- Best Feature Length Comedy Screenplay
- Best International Director
- Best International Film
- Best International Screenplay
- Best Mockumentary Film
- Best Oregon Film Award
- Best Romantic Comedy Film
- Best Romantic Comedy Screenplay
- Best Short Comedy Screenplay
- Funniest Music Video
- Most Original Concept
- Single Funniest Moment
Portland Comedy Film Festival Past Events
- Portland Comedy Film Festival Fall 2019
- Portland Comedy Film Festival Spring 2019
- Portland Comedy Film Festival Fall 2018
- Portland Comedy Film Festival Spring 2018
- Portland Comedy Film Festival 2016-2017
Films That Have Screened At The Portland Comedy Film Festival
My name is Mikel Fair and I have written this 30 page ebook to help filmmakers strengthen their submission when submitting to Film Festivals. This guide is based on my experience, starting in 2008 as a Film Festival Director that has watched, rated and reviewed more than 5000+ submissions of all genres from over 100 countries. There are several mistakes that filmmakers are making on a daily basis that I can help you avoid. I explain in detail, about how the packaging and editing of your submission can have a direct effect on how many festivals that your film is accepted to. Priced under $10 US, I have made this book affordable for everyone and will email you any new versions that we release until January 2021. Please read the first chapter for free!
- Chapter 1: Does Packaging Really Matter? - Free Chapter!
- Chapter 2: Are Your Contact Details Accurate? A Daily Common Mistake
- Chapter 3: Does The Name Of Your Film Stand Out? Or Will It Be Lost In The Shuffle?
- Chapter 4: Tips For Creating The Right Tagline And Synopsis
- Chapter 5: Do You Know That A Director’s Bio And Resume Are Two Different Things?
- Chapter 6: How To Write A Compelling Director’s Statement That Tells A Story.
- Chapter 7: The First Impression Of Your Film Is It’s Official Poster.
- Chapter 8: Without A Trailer, Your Film Might Become An Afterthought.
- Chapter 9: Why Do Film Festivals Love Submissions With A Social Media Presence?
- Chapter 10: Your Film’s Website, Is Its History And Point Of Contact
- Chapter 11: Final Cut Or Festival Cut? Don’t Submit The Wrong One.
- Chapter 12: Stretch Your Submissions Budget. Use Promo Codes. Get Discounts.